We are looking for a talented and passionate senior Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer who is comfortable in Linux systems administration, and has worked with cloud technologies.
As a senior part of the team that maintains TXODDS' technology platforms including servers, networking and other cloud infrastructure, this role will support the Head of Infrastructure and DevOps in mentoring and guiding junior engineers.
This professional will support projects and business initiatives via provisioning computer services and capabilities as required, and software build and release processes; optimising delivery and minimising outages and operational impact.
We provide a 24 hour service, so as part of this role you will be required to participate in an on-call rota covering weekends and out-of-business hours (one week out of four).
What you'll do
- Operational support for TXODDS servers, networks and cloud infrastructure.
- Responding to faults and incidents with potential to impact product uptime and availability.
- Maintaining a wide understanding of our architecture and service interdependencies.
- Management of high priority security vulnerabilities and implementation of mitigations where appropriate.
- Ensuring a high level of observability and monitoring throughout of infrastructure and services.
- Implementing backups of data stores, monitoring and testing backups and restores.
- Working with other operational teams to triage issues and resolve issues.
- Provision of compute/network/cloud capability to support new projects and products.
- Attending project calls and meetings to understand requirements and work with stakeholders.
- Support project delivery processes in the role of Infrastructure design authority and/or architect.
- Provide financial forecasts and options for infrastructure capabilities to support project/product requirements.
- Provide resource impact estimates and delivery forecasts for infrastructure components.
- Delivering infrastructure components in line with forecast and to specification.
- Implementing new configuration management code to support application deployment requirements.
- Support of DevOps processes and capabilities.
- Maintenance of existing legacy “DevOps” capabilities including server configuration management, software build and test infrastructure capabilities and artifact deployment.
- Lead on tranisition to ‘containerisation’ and ‘gitops’ of applications and deployment workflows.
- Continual research and assessment of new “DevOps” technology and vendor capabilities.
What we expect
- Significant infrastructure engineer experience
- Linux skills ( RHEL )
- Puppet skills
- Kubernetes skills
- Experience working with AWS and hosted server providers
- Ability to be on-call one week out of four as above.
- Experience mentoring and supporting junior engineers.
Clear thought leadership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing and alternating priorities and constant focus on delivery.
- Logical and structured approach to problem-solving in both near-term (tactical) and mid-to-long term (strategic) horizons.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
- Any AWS certifications
- Ansible skills
- Terraform skills
- Exposure to the sports data information or betting systems domain is a bonus.
- Exposure to financial, trading, and risk management systems is an advantage.
Our recruitment process consists of an introductory call, a technical test to get to know your skills, and a technical interview to discuss your approach and get to know you better.
Scroll down for what we offer!